The National Estuary Program (NEP) Coastal Watershed Grants is a nationally competitive grants program designed to support projects that address urgent and challenging issues threatening the well-being of coastal and estuarine areas within determined estuaries of national significance. Only projects occurring within the geographic eligibility areas may receive funding.
Grant Program Goals:
• Address urgent and challenging issues that threaten the ecological and economic well-being of coastal areas and estuaries;
• Achieve on-the-ground or tangible quantifiable improvements in coastal and estuarine habitats conditions and the health of living resources;
• Apply new or innovative approaches, practices, methods, or techniques for preventing, treating, and removing pollution entering estuaries;
• Establish or improve sustainable local capacity to protect and restore coastal watersheds and their living resources; and
• Support and expand promising approaches for watershed resilience and adaptation.